In the wake Tuesday's (Feb. 7) destructive tornadoes, here's a list of places online and around New Orleans that are taking donations.
If you know of an organization that's collecting goods, please leave details in a comment below or email where, when and what they're collecting to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Accepting: Donations to American Red Cross Disaster Relief. Visit redcross.org/donate, or call 1-800-REDCROSS. Financial gifts may also be sent to your local Red Cross chapter.
- For more updates, follow the Louisiana Region of the American Red Cross on Twitter at @ARCLousiana. You can also contact the region at redcross.org/Louisiana or call 1-800-256-4733.
*Second Harvest -- Second Harvest Food Bank will deliver 600 emergency meals to HOPE the Food Pantry in New Orleans East, which has ceased daily meal preparation as a result of tornado-caused power outage.
- Accepting: Nonperishable food items such as canned vegetables, canned fruit, canned meat, soups, stews, beans, chili, peanut butter, pasta, rice, breakfast cereal and shelf-stable milk. For a full list of suggested donation items, click here.
- Where to donate: (1) 700 Edwards Avenue in the Elmwood Warehouse District area, (2) Their Lafayette location at 215 E. Pinhook Road.
- When: 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Monday through Friday
- Click here to make a monetary donation to Second Harvest.